Wednesday, September 08, 2004

Worship

Two highlights for me were this past Saturday and Sunday. With Josh home, I was able to go to the Breakfast Bible Study at church Saturday morning and to the worship service on Sunday. Fellowship and worship kind of get pushed to the side and finding time for worship has to depend on availability of time with Josh in and out of the hospital. Sometimes, even when we’re home, a certain lethargy can kick in and it’s just too hard to roll out of bed early after weeks of not getting any rest between the work/hospital rotations. So, this was a treat.

I still don’t know that many people there, I’m sorry to say. And I’m finding my emotions are once again a little close to the surface; and I never know what is going to set them off. This week it was the closing hymn that got me a little chocked up and it was too hard to talk to anybody after the service. That’s a little embarrassing at best, and more so when you’re still a stranger to most of the people there.

It’s still nice to feel, though, after having been so numb for so long.

No comments: